The detectives believe there are inconsistencies in the accounts of what happened on the night the three-year-old vanished from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz last May while the group of friends ate dinner with Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, in a nearby restaurant.
It had been believed that the detectives could spend up to two months in the UK.
However, a team led by chief investigator Paulo Rebelo is set to fly to Britain on April 7 to start interviews in Leicester the next day, and they are scheduled to return to the Algarve on April 11.
British police officers will conduct the interviews on behalf of their Portuguese counterparts, but Rebelo and his team will be allowed to sit in as they take place.
- Again it appears we have a rehash of old news!
- The questioning has been reported to be the T3 T4 T7 T9 then T3 again then T7 not T9 yet again!
- Also it was reported just last week that the PJ would be interviewing many holiday makers and other witnesses!
- Again another false leak coming from the infamous PJ sources
- The Leicestershire Police have not confirmed this story, I feel they would have if they knew for definite if the PJ was coming.
- If the PJ get here at all on April 7th don't hold your breath for Kate and Gerry to be interview, this could all change again, as apparently there is insufficient evidence to interview them, this we have from the Portuguese Judge, so can we say this it true?
- Does the left arm know what the right arm is doing?
- How many questions will it be 40? 14? 4? 100?
- Can the PJ tell their A**** from their elbows?
- It was also reported that the PJ may be here for months, well looks like they have cut their trip down to just 4 days, thus laying to rest another leak for the infamous PJ source.
- Will the Portuguese government ever get their act together and ask the PJ what the hell they think they are playing at with all these leaks?
- Will the Portuguese government ever hold a frank and open public inquiry into this farcical shambolic investigation?
- What can these questions every hope to prove?
- What exactly will they be able to accomplish 11 months after the event with memories dulling?
- If these questions were so vitally important why haven't the PJ got their act together sufficiently before 11 months was up to ask these questions?
- No mention of cuddle cat or Kate's diary!
- I suspect yet another red herring!
- If I were cynical, I maybe forgiven for thinking that the PJ deliberately leaked all this fatuous nonsense in order to put some kind of pressure onto the McCann's to see if they could crack them!
- Does it never occur to the PJ that they have never cracked, because they are in fact innocent and have been telling the truth.
- I am yet to be convinced that the PJ will arrive here on April 7th, I hope they do, but forgive me if I am sceptical, this has been said so many times already!
- I don't think they will question the McCann's
- I think they will release them fro the arguido status.
- I think they will be forced to apologise for all the unnecessary pain and suffering they have caused this couple.
- I think they will have to do this because it will soon emerge that the PJ had absolutely no evidence, on which to bring or even begin to prove and substantiate the bizarre allegations against this couple.
- I think unless the McCann's get a formal public apology, they will proceed and sue the PJ and it has been proved that they can lawfully do this.
- I think they should, do you?
- I think they should bring legal action, if only to highlight the archaic secrecy laws of Portugal, laws that have caused much of this farce of an investigation.
- I think they should bring this action for many reasons, what reasons do you think the McCann's should sue the PJ for?